I swear that I will love you forever.

Friday, June 12, 2009

The beginning of the end..

I didn't wake up this morning and intend to have a perfect day.

Every day in the past three weeks has been fairly close to perfection. It just turned out that this one was particularly special.

I'll abbreviate, because what we did is much less important than how it felt.

We made pasta together. We ate cannolis. We took a little snuggle nap and then walked along the canal bank. We got ice cream. We had a little play time. Then I went to work.

Millions of people probably did many of those same things today. Hell, I've done most of those things in the past (except the cannolis... Mmmmm).

But how many of them would consider this the perfect day? How many of them had the best day of their life? How come it never meant this much to me in the past?

Love makes everything shiny. It makes everything new. It takes over your life and your mind and your soul.

You can feel it in your bones when you wake up in the morning and she's the first thing on your mind, and when you fall asleep at night and you can still taste the sweet touch of her lips.

I could have never imagined that such a random assortment of events would lead to a perfect day But that's another thing I've learned about love--it just isn't predictable.

For me, today marked the beginning of the end. Every tiny little lingering doubt in my mind was eliminated without mercy (not that there were many in there).

I'm hers forever.

Welcome to the rest of my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment